Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
A meal in a muffin. With a cream cheese frosting, these muffins can become "mini carrot cake" desserts.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled and shredded apples (1 large)
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, combine carrot, apple, coconut, dates, pecans and orange zest.
- Stir in beaten eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 10 to 18 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before serving.