Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is quite possibly the perfect chicken for cookouts. It's salty, peppery, and a little spicy. Mix according to directions or it won't come out right. Best if made the day before! Make plenty of it for your next party-it will go fast!
- 10 lbs chicken pieces (wings and drumsticks work best for cookouts)
- 7 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or more to taste)
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3 large eggs, beaten well
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1st- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 2nd- Add the vinegar, mix well.
- 3rd- Add the eggs, mix well.
- 4th- Add the oil and mix well.
- Divide the chicken into Ziplock bags and evenly distribute the mixture in to the bags. Place bags on to a cookie sheet and refrigerate over night. Turn the bags every few hours to make sure all of the chicken is evenly marinated.
- Mix a new batch of the marinade, cutting the recipe in half. Use this extra marinade to baste the chicken as it is grilling. The finished product will be almost black but incredibly delicious!