Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 360 hrs
This dip recipe is pretty common, but the name is pretty quirky, and I thought it was worth sharing. One of my professors in college used to make this for almost every gathering. Everyone loved it (well, almost everyone, but everyone's taste buds are different). After I graduated, I asked him for the recipe to use for a potluck at work, and I asked him about the name. It seems that for one gathering (Halloween, I think), they had to come up with a name for each dish. This one was dubbed "Roadkill." So here it is (actual roadkill not required):
- Brown beef and onion together, seasoning with garlic salt, then drain.
- While beef is cooking, cut Velveeta up into small cubes.
- Put Velveeta, beef, and Rotel into a crockpot and cook on high until Velveeta is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Turn to low to keep warm.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Haven't made this...yet. But sounds great.
Very good! My picky thirteen-year-old loves it.
This is so trashy - and so good! I love this recipe! (honestly never made it with the onions before... that kinda seems like too much work for me!) :)