I found this copycat for The Original Roadhouse Grill's Texas Egg Rolls and the sweet spicy jalapeno jelly dipping sauce. Yummy! Prep time includes the 2 hour refridgeration.
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 12 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 lb egg roll wraps or 1 lb wonton skins
- oil (for frying)
- water, small amount, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon flour
Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
- 3 green bell peppers, minced
- 8 ounces diced canned jalapeno peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 6 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 ounces liquid pectin
- 5 drops green food coloring
- Mix jalapenos with cream cheese.
- Place small amount on wrapper, roll up eggroll style and seal the tip with a drop of the water-flour mixture.
- Continue until mixture is all gone.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Heat oil to 350-375 and cook about 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes. Filling will be hot.
- Serve with jalapeno jelly.
- Jalapeno Jelly:.
- In a large, stainless steel saucepan, combine peppers, vinegar, sugar, and cayenne pepper. Cook over medium high heat.
- Stir frequently until mixture begins to boil.
- Stir in pectin; boil 5 minutes longer, stirring constantly, and mix in food coloring.
- Skim off foam, and remove from heat.
- Ladle into sterilized jars.
- Seal, and process in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes.