1/2 Photos of Roadhouse Grill Texas Egg Rolls Copycat
3 hrs 30 mins
Punky Julster's Note:
I found this copycat for The Original Roadhouse Grill's Texas Egg Rolls and the sweet spicy jalapeno jelly dipping sauce. Yummy! Prep time includes the 2 hour refridgeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 12 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 lb egg roll wraps or 1 lb wonton skins
- oil (for frying)
- water, small amount, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon flour
Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
- 1Mix jalapenos with cream cheese.
- 2Place small amount on wrapper, roll up eggroll style and seal the tip with a drop of the water-flour mixture.
- 3Continue until mixture is all gone.
- 4Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 5Heat oil to 350-375 and cook about 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Cool 5 minutes. Filling will be hot.
- 7Serve with jalapeno jelly.
- 8Jalapeno Jelly:.
- 9In a large, stainless steel saucepan, combine peppers, vinegar, sugar, and cayenne pepper. Cook over medium high heat.
- 10Stir frequently until mixture begins to boil.
- 11Stir in pectin; boil 5 minutes longer, stirring constantly, and mix in food coloring.
- 12Skim off foam, and remove from heat.
- 13Ladle into sterilized jars.
- 14Seal, and process in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roadhouse Grill Texas Egg Rolls Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (818 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1856.4
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 72.7 mg
- Sodium 1788.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 405.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 331.3 g
- Protein 16.4 g