Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in our local newspaper.
- 4 ounces sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoned pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) hamburger patties
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 wheat hamburger buns
- 4 sandwich dill pickle slices
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (I like Jack Daniels best)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Combine mushrooms, green onions, and roasted garlic in microwave-save bowl. Microwave on high 1-2 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Set aside.
- Cut tomato into thin slices to top burgers; set aside.
- Sprinkle seasoned pepper over both sides of patties; place on grill. Close lid, grill 4-5 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees (for medium). During last 1-2 minutes of grill time, top each patty with 1/4 mushroom mixture and 1 cheese slice.
- Place patties on bottom halves of rolls; top with pickles and tomato slices. Spread barbecue sauce and mayonnaise over top halves of rolls. Assemble and serve.