Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Heard it on the radio and with a few modifications it has become a family favorite.
- 2 potatoes, min 2 per person
- kumara (optional) or sweet potato, instead of normal potato (optional)
- flavored olive oil
- Boil the potatoes.
- Allow to cool.
- Take an oven tray line with baking paper.
- Mash potatoes onto the baking tray, as roughly as possible. (Hence road Kill).
- Season - salt, pepper, chilli, dried herbs whatever takes your fancy.
- Drizzle with olive oil - liberally.
- Bake at 180c for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Loved the versatility of this recipe...I used onion powder, garlic powder, and parsley and sprinkled some cheddar cheese on the potatoes toward the end of the baking time. We really liked this and just had to try it because of the name! I'll definitely be making these when my little nieces and nephews visit! Oh, I only did regular potatoes as I'm not a fan of sweet potatoes. Thanks...Made for Fall PAC '07.
Yummy! I took the advice of another reveiwer and sprayed the baking paper first, seasoned mine with a mixture of oil, lemon juice, and rosemary + salt/pepper to complement the chicken I was cooking, and was really pleased with the result - delicios and easy - definitely a keeper!!
These were really really good. The only problem I had was that they stuck to the baking parchment on the bottom. Next time I will spray it with some baking spray first. I seasoned them with a bit of garlic granules, some onion salt, cracker blackpepper and some smoked paprika. They were delicious! Thanks!