Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have tried so many times to make Green Beans like on of my favorite resturants....I finally got it and it is sooooo Good....It takes some time but in the end it is oooooohhh so worth it
- 1⁄4 lb bacon (Chop into small pieces)
- 1⁄4 medium onion (chop 1/4 of a Med. Onion)
- 3 (8 ounce) cans green beans (All Cans stay non drained)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1.Put chopped bacon into med.-lrg. Sauce pan and fry till brown or to the way you like.(If bacon is very fatty trim some of the fat off).
- 2.Without draining bacon grease put onions in with bacon and fry those with bacon about 3-5 minute before your bacon is fully done to your liken.
- 4.Pour the 3 cans of non drained green into the bacon and onion mix….(It is ok that onion are not fully cooked.).
- 5.After Green beans are added mix well then turn heat down to a simmer and cover…. Let Green beans simmer for 45 minute stir occasionally.
I used a 16 oz can DelMonte whole green beans with a "little" less bacon and onion. These definitely taste better than canned beans. Great served as a side with meatloaf. Thanks for posting Chaztine. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.
I cut the recipe by using only one can of green beans and cut the other ingredients accordingly for just 2 of us. Simple and tasty. Thanks Chaztine for a nice side dish. Made for Cookbook Tag.