Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
My daughter wanted Taco Hell the other night, but I couldn't stand the thought. I dreamed this up and it came out quite decent. Even picky kid complimented it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof corn tortillas
- 1 can ro-tel tomatoes & chile (original)
- 1 (16 ounce) box Velveeta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown and season beef according to seasoning pkg.
- While beef is cooking, simmer Ro-Tel and Velveeta in a sauce pan over LOW heat until cheese is melted.
- Do not scorch.
- Cut up 3/4 of the tortilla shells into bite size pieces.
- Save the remainder for another use.
- In a lightly greased 2 quart casserole place a layer of tortilla shells, followed by beef.
- A layer of shells followed by beans, then another layer of chips.
- Pour Ro-Tel, Velveeta mix over the top.
- Place uncovered in oven for thirty minutes.
- While this is a little spicy, you could easily raise the spice level by using the spicier Ro-Tel or hotter seasoned chili beans or both.
- Serve with a green salad and you have a meal.