Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very flavorful chicken fajita with a great marinade using beer.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup pilsner beer (e.g. Corona)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- flour tortilla
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips
- 1 medium yellow bell peppers or 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips
- 8 ounces of chopped fresh mushrooms
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- freshly made pico de gallo
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- Slice chicken breast into strips and place in a container along with garlic, 2 Tbsp oil, lime juice, Worcestershire, and beer. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Sauté fresh vegetables in 3 tablespoons oil for 5 to 7 minutes until crisp tender. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove vegetables from heat and keep warm in a separate container.
- In the same pan cook the chicken with the marinade on med high heat. When chicken is nearly done add the in the sautéed vegetables and season with the spices. Cook until chicken no longer pink in center.
- Reserve cooking liquid in separate pot and add cold water and cornstarch. Bring sauce to a simmer for a few minutes, until thick, and then stir into fajita mixture.
- Serve with hot tortillas, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, and pico de gallo. Enjoy with an ice cold pilsner lager.
Great marinade! I let my chicken marinate for closer to 2 hours... just got busy... Delicious flavor that I will surely use often. DH drinks Heinekin so that's the beer I used. Thanks supertreat! Made for 2009 Spring PAC