Recipe by TheDancingCook
This salad is cool and refreshing; very easy to make. Similar to an ambrosia salad but the orzo gives it a different twist. Serve this at your next shower, picnic, potluck, summer BBQ, Easter dinner, etc. Prepare the night before serving.
- 3 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, juice drained and reserved
- 4 (8 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, juice drained and reserved
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (1 lb) box orzo pasta, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain orzo noodles.
- In a saucepan combine eggs, sugar, salt, cornstarch while gradually adding in reserved juice and stir to mix.
- Bring to a boil and stir, until mixture is a little thick.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large serving bowl, combine orzo, orange, pineapple and juice mixture; mix with Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate until serving.