Recipe by Zsuzsa
This is a delicious dessert I grew up with. Serve with raspberry syrup, or by itself.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
I've never had a baked rice pudding before and this was fabulous! I made half the recipe and baked it in a small casserole dish. I will be making this again for sure! Thanks for sharing Zsuzsa. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.
- 1 cup rice
- 250 ml water
- 250 ml milk
- 1 lemon, rind of
- 100 g sultanas
- 6 eggs, separated
- 250 g sugar
- 100 g butter
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 50 -60 g butter (butter)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to around 200 degrees celsius.
- Grease a cake tin with extra butter and breadcrumbs.
- Boil rice in water and milk mixture until tender.
- Drain well and add lemond rind.
- Add sultanas and mix. Allow to cool.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar and 100 butter until it is a creamy colour.
- Beat egg whites with vanilla sugar.
- Combine with rice and egg yolk mixture.
- Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and baked through.