Recipe by ** Poppy **
A lovely creamy dessert.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
This was very good! After first consulting with the recipe poster, I determined that I should try using slightly rounded Tbsps when measuring out the rice - measuring this way, I ended up with about 1/2 cup raw rice. I felt the amount of rice was fine - the liquid reduced considerably while simmering. Mine did thicken up much more than that last reviewer's did - but it still was a loose pudding, even after chilling. The taste was very pleasant and reminded me of English custard with rice in it. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 tablespoons uncooked rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 quart milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water; add rice, stir once and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add milk and simmer 30 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Mix flour with 4 tablespoons water.
- Add to rice mixture slowly and stir.
- Add sugar and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla or lemon rind, and pour into 4 individual custard cups or small dishes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.