Recipe by ThatSouthernBelle
I LOVE RICE PUDDING!!! (Despite not liking rice.) From "The Grecian Plate." Edited (8 cups was too much too when I cooked it) This pudding is very thick (and YUMMY)
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- 14 ounces water, warm
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cinnamon, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water and add rice.
- Reduce heat; simmer, stirring frequewntly, until all the water has been absorbed and rice is very soft, about 1 hour.
- Add the condensed milk, water, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir well, cooking until thickened.
- Pour into individual cups or a large bowl.
- Chill until cool.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.