Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
I LOVE RICE PUDDING!!! (Despite hating rice.) From "The Grecian Plate."
- 3⁄4 cup long-grain rice
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups water
- salt, a pinch
- 1 quart whole milk, cold
- 2 tablespoons whole milk, cold
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large saucepan, add rice to boiling, salted water: cook over low heat until all the water is absorbed and rice is very soft and fluffy. (Add more water if necessary.).
- Stirring constantly with wooden spoon, add milk and sugar; cook 25 - 30 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstach in 2 tablespoons of cold milk.
- Add to well-beaten eggs.
- Remove milk mixture from heat and slowly pour in the eggs, stirring until well blended.
- Return to heat and simmer over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly until until slightly thickened.
- Cool; add vanilla.
- Pour into individual dishes or a large bowl and serve.