I LOVE RICE PUDDING!!! (Despite hating rice.) From "The Grecian Plate."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, add rice to boiling, salted water: cook over low heat until all the water is absorbed and rice is very soft and fluffy. (Add more water if necessary.).
- 2Stirring constantly with wooden spoon, add milk and sugar; cook 25 - 30 minutes.
- 3Dissolve cornstach in 2 tablespoons of cold milk.
- 4Add to well-beaten eggs.
- 5Remove milk mixture from heat and slowly pour in the eggs, stirring until well blended.
- 6Return to heat and simmer over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly until until slightly thickened.
- 7Cool; add vanilla.
- 8Pour into individual dishes or a large bowl and serve.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rizogalo I - Greek Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.6
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 55.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 5.4 g