Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Rice pizza is a good alternative for those with such conditions as diabetes, cellac disease and even those following a vegetarian diet because it is nutritious and gluten free. (from the local newspaper)
- 2 cups cooked short-grain rice or 2 cups cooked medium-grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce or 1⁄4 cup prepared pesto sauce, if you prefer
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a bowl combine rice, parmesan cheese and egg; press onto lightly greased foil lined baking sheet to form an 8 inch circle.
- Spread with tomato sauce or pesto sauce if preferred and top with mozzarella, tomato, mushrooms and green onions.
- Bake in 400f degree oven until toppings are cooked, cheese is golden and bubbly and outer crust is crisp on the edges, about 15 minutes.