Recipe by Maïté G.
A very cheap, but o so good dessert. Add some fresh fruit and you'll have a very nice and heavenly breakfast!
Top Review by Kree
This has a fantastic flavor! I was a little scepticle about how it would come out, since it was still completely liquidy about 30 minutes before it was supposed to be done, but it ended up forming a filmy layer on top and browning up just like the recipe described. It didn't firm up as much as I expected, , however, and I ended up with an awful lot of milk that wasn't soaked up by the rice, even after it cooled. I'm not sure if that's the way it's supposed to be, but it didn't really matter to me or my mother because we loved the vanilla-y flavor and the soft texture of the rice. The only change I made was to use soy milk since I can't have dairy. I might use a little bit less milk next time. I can't wait to try this tomorrow with some fresh peaches.
- 120 g pudding rice
- 1 liter milk, cold
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease an oven dish.
- Put the first 4 ingredients in the dish an top with little pieces of butter.
- Put in the oven at 150°C and forget about it for about 1 1/2 hours.
- When taken out of the oven the top should be browned and have a creamy consistency. When it cools down it will get stiffer.
- Enjoy either warm or cold!