1/2 Photos of Riyadh Rice - Middle Eastern Favourite!
Um Safia's Note:
Rice cooked with meat & wonderfully aromatic spices....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean meat, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cups basmati rice, soaked in water for 15 minutes, then drained (or long grain rice)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup toasted almond
- 1Brown meat,on all sides in 1 tbsp butter.
- 2Add seasoning to meat and stir. Pour three cups boiling water over the meat. Cover and let cook for one hour on a medium high heat, 'til the meat is done. Measure the broth left in a measuring cup. Add enough water to make up 3 cups of liquid.
- 3Stir onions and garlic with 1/2 tablespoon hot melted butter, till slightly brown.
- 4Add the meat and the liquid to the onion mixture. Stir tomato paste over. Bring to boil then add the rice and raisins.
- 5Cover the pan and reduce heat to low. Let cook for 30 minutes. Open the pan and stir just the top layer. See if rice is cooked. You may need to cook, covered, a few minutes longer.
- 6Serve rice and garnish with the meat and nuts.
- 7Serve with plain Yogurt and mixed green salad.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Riyadh Rice - Middle Eastern Favourite!
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.9
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 398.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: