Cook1 hr 10 mins
I was at WDW's Riverside Resort a few days ago, and had the most amazing tomato bisque soup. It was so thick, creamy and full of tomatoey flavor that I had several bowls of it. After coming home I found a few different recipes for Disney tomato bisque soups; after looking at the ingredients, I'm sure this is the one I had.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Drain liquid from tomatoes and reserve.
- Place plum tomatoes on a sheet pan sprayed lightly with Pam, and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile, over medium-low heat, saute onions, celery and carrots in a stockpot until translucent, approximately 10 minutes, or just until veggies are tender-crisp.
- Remove roasted tomatoes and allow to cool for a few minutes. Add them to the stockpot along with the reserved tomato juice and tomato paste and stir until combined.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes. Start gently warming the heavy cream. Meanwhile, puree stockpot mixture, and then add the warmed cream. Finish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add fresh chopped basil at the end.