1/1 Photo of Ritzy's Mushroom Chicken Noodle Soup
1 hr 30 mins
A simple but delicious soup for a light lunch or anytime! I came up with this recipe while trying to use what I had on hand to make a good soup for sick hubby. It was a winner at our house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced in very thin rings
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced very thin
- 1 teaspoon morton lite salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- morton lite salt
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles, medium size
- 1Heat butter in medium sized stock pot over medium-low heat. Saute onions in butter until tender, about 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- 2In a medium sized mixing bowl, toss chicken chunks with 1 tsp lite salt, white pepper, poultry seasoning.
- 3Put olive oil in with onions, and add seasoned chicken to tender onions. Cook chicken about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- 4Add mushrooms and parsley to chicken/onions and saute for about 5-7 mins, til mushrooms are becoming tender.
- 5Add chicken stock, worcestershire sauce, and stir. Bring to a boil.
- 6Add water. You may add as much or little liquid as you desire.
- 7Bring to a nice boil, then reduce heat and simmer for ten minutes.
- 8Taste broth -- season to suit your taste with lite salt as needed.
- 9Add egg noodles.
- 10Continue simmering over low heat for 15 or 20 minutes
- 11Allow to cool for 10 minutes, and serve with toppings of your choice or with no toppings.
- 12I topped our soup in the individual bowls with about 5 garlic-cheese croutons with about one T of shredded mozzarella on top of that. Yum!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ritzy's Mushroom Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.4
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 67.5 mg
- Sodium 257.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 20.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
morton lite salt