Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great way to use those zucchini that tend to multiply mysteriously.
- 2 medium zucchini (grated or thinly sliced)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 (4 ounce) packages Ritz crackers, crushed (not boxes)
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Simmer zucchini and onions together till almost tender.
- Layer all ingredients together beginning with crackers and ending with cheese, dotting each cracker layer with butter.
- Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes till bubbly and lightly browned.
This was pretty good. I diced the zucchini and also added a yellow squash. I think next time I would grate the squash. It just seemed like it needed more flavor, maybe salt and pepper would have helped. Oh, and grease the pan first.
I am not a zuccini lover, but my sister made this and everyone in my family loved it. we will keep this one for the books