Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was a hit with my family. I hope you'll enjoy it, too. You can also use light mayonnaise with success as well. I use small chicken breasts or butterfly large chicken breasts and split them in half so the chicken is not too thick to bake. I usually double the recipe then because my family always likes extra.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 25 Ritz crackers, finely crushed
- 1⁄4 parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Mix mayonnaise and lemon juice; set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine crushed crackers, cheese, basil, parsley, garlic powder and pepper.
- Dip chicken breasts in mayo mixture, then roll in cracker crumbs mixture.
- Place on nonstick baking sheet (I like to use the nonstick aluminium foil for this, it works great!).
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes or until chicken is done.
just tried this and it was great, easy and flavorful, waiting for leftovers tomorrow.
This was excellent! I love the flavors - the mayo, the basil, it was all great! My chicken breasts were fairly thick, so they took a little bit longer in the oven, but they turned out delicious. Thanks for posting! I will be making these again. Made for PRMR Tag.