Recipe by DailyInspiration
From my Cooks of the Green Door cookbook. Haven't tried it yet, but posting here for my next potluck.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Nancy, this was a lovely/pie/tart/quiche : we really enjoyed it, liked the cracker crust, was careful not to over-season because of the salt in the crackers. liked the colour contrast of the pepper, agree that red (or a mix) would be equally good. This made a lovely dinner for us and then lunch for my DH, the curry powder was a really good secret ingredient, and I think it makes all the difference. I didnt add the bacon - I'm sure it would be great with it, but to be honest, its great without it! Thank you, Nancy, enjoyed for Consideration tag game!
- 1 3⁄4 cups Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and divided
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely diced (could use red)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or cream)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 5 -8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine crushed Ritz crackers with 1/3 of melted butter. Press crumbs into a 9-inch quiche dish. Cook onions and green pepper in remaining butter until tender. Add corn and flour. Cook, stirring until thick. Combine eggs, milk, salt and curry powder. Stir rapidly into corn mixture. Add bacon. Pour into quiche dish . Bake 30 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately.