Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this recipe because it's the ultimate comfort food. It's easy and can be made ahead and kept in the fridge until later.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (10 3/4 oz, do not use cream of mushroom..yuckola)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed Ritz crackers
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Place chicken in casserole dish.
- Spread soup over chicken.
- Sprinkle crackers over soup.
- Pour butter over crackers.
- Bake 350 for 45 minutes.
This has become one of our favorites!! I serve this with glazed carrots.
This has been a favorite dish of mine since I was a teen and just starting to cook more in our home. Now that I have my own family, I try to make it a little bit "healthier" by using Recipe #278160 in place of the canned soup. I never measure out the crackers, but just crush up one sleeve of the crackers and spread 'em on top of the soup. So easy and good, too!
We really liked this one. Had it tonight with roasted Brussels sprouts (which turns out we do not like sprouts-- who knew) and mashed potatoes. Love how the juices from the chicken mix with the soup to make a great sauce to go on the chicken with a bit left over for potatoes. I did cut way back on the butter, probably to a 1/4 cup cause I just shaved pieces off and placed them on top of the cracker crumbs. Quick and super easy. I'll definitely make this one again. Thanks for sharing!