Recipe by Marie
An excellent and easy baked fish. You can use any firm white fish for this recipe, tilapia, cod, haddock, etc.
- 1 lb firm white fish fillet
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup crushed Ritz cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Lightly spray a baking dish large enough to hold fish in a single layer.
- Combine butter, lemon juice, salt, sugar, and the spices.
- Cut fish into serving-size pieces.
- Dip the fish, one piece at a time, into the butter mixture.
- Roll the breaded fish pieces into the crackers, coating thoroughly.
- Place fish, in a single layer, in the prepared baking dish.
- Spoon the remaining butter mixture over the fish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes.