Recipe by startnover
This is such a yummy comfort food. Easy enough for anyone to make, and quick to!
Top Review by *Parsley*
I was very happy with this casserole. Many of the poppy chicken casseroles don't call for onions, but this does. (I probably doubled the amount). I can't imagine any casserole without onions! This is an excellent way to use up any leftover chicken. Easy and delicious. Thanx!
- 2 lbs cubed chicken
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 8 ounces Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown cubed chicken with onions.
- Add soup,sour cream, and poppy seeds till well blended.
- Mix cracker crumbs and butter together.Place 1/2 crumbs in bottom of 9 by 13 pan.
- Pour chicken over top, and sprinkle top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake 350° for 30-40 minutes (till bubbly).