Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is such a yummy comfort food. Easy enough for anyone to make, and quick to!
- 2 lbs cubed chicken
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 8 ounces Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- salt and pepper
- Brown cubed chicken with onions.
- Add soup,sour cream, and poppy seeds till well blended.
- Mix cracker crumbs and butter together.Place 1/2 crumbs in bottom of 9 by 13 pan.
- Pour chicken over top, and sprinkle top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake 350° for 30-40 minutes (till bubbly).
I was very happy with this casserole. Many of the poppy chicken casseroles don't call for onions, but this does. (I probably doubled the amount). I can't imagine any casserole without onions! This is an excellent way to use up any leftover chicken. Easy and delicious. Thanx!
My husband loved this but I didn't care for it so I'm rating it inbetween. It was just too much. Between the sour cream and the cream of chicken soup there was just too much sour cream and too much "cream" quality to it.
I have made this several times and it is a big hit. Very easy and quick to make.