Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a delightful recipe..We got the countryside restaurant to share this recipe with us..
- 2⁄3 cup egg white
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 16 Ritz crackers
- 1⁄4 lb chopped pecans, toasted
- Beat the egg whites till soft peaks form.gradually add sugar and baking powder.and beat till stiff peaks form. fold in nuts and cracker crumbs.
- Bake in 9" buttered pan 45 minutes at 300*.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack in pan.
- When cooled, top with whipped cream, or whipped dream or Cool Whip.garnish with extra Ritz cracker crumbs and toasted pecans -- .
I've been making this pie for years from similar recipe handed down from my sister's MIL - the beloved Jewel from Texas. Don't use the garnish -- like just with Cool Whip on top - awesome alternative to traditional pecan pie!