Recipe by grandma2969
This is a delightful recipe..We got the countryside restaurant to share this recipe with us..
Top Review by Trixie735
I've been making this pie for years from similar recipe handed down from my sister's MIL - the beloved Jewel from Texas. Don't use the garnish -- like just with Cool Whip on top - awesome alternative to traditional pecan pie!
- 2⁄3 cup egg white
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 16 Ritz crackers
- 1⁄4 lb chopped pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the egg whites till soft peaks form.gradually add sugar and baking powder.and beat till stiff peaks form. fold in nuts and cracker crumbs.
- Bake in 9" buttered pan 45 minutes at 300*.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack in pan.
- When cooled, top with whipped cream, or whipped dream or Cool Whip.garnish with extra Ritz cracker crumbs and toasted pecans -- .