Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very easy and quick. Low in Cholesterol. This is my original recipe I made up for my husband because of his high cholesterol problem.Tip: for better presentation I lightly brush filet with egg mixture and pat additional cracker mixture after I turn the fillet.
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 20 Ritz crackers
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 cayenne
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- Finely crush Ritz crackers.
- Mix all dry ingredients with cracker crumbs.
- Beat egg and milk.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Dip each fillet in egg and milk mixture.
- Coat filet with cracker mixture.
- Place on broiler pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes and turn.
- Lightly recoat turned side of fillet with egg mixture and cracker mixture.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes Serve.
I made this for my family this summer down in Hatteras NC. Very easy and since we like to take things up a notch>>>>That was possible with this recipe. I think I will use less cracker crumbs then next time. There are far too many beautiful & delicate flavors dancing in this dish to cover it all up with "Ritz". Over all, a definite keeper!!!!
This recipe was very simple and very good. I will definantly make it again, but maybe cut the cayenne a little bit. Overall it was great!
Very good even with the reduced fat Ritz, but for some this is quite a few competing flavors. There was quite a bit of cracker mixture leftover even with 5 (albeit small) fillets.