1/1 Photo of Ritz Mock Apple Pie
1 hr 20 mins
Let your family members or guests eat some of this before asking if they know what it contains!!! The title tells it all. It is surprisingly good...and a fun thing to do, especially with children. Serve warm with ice cream or a cheese wedge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roll out bottom crust of pastry and fit into 9 inch pie plate.
- 2Break crackers coarsely into pastry lined pan; set aside.
- 3In saucepan, combine water, sugar and cream of tartar; bring to a boil.
- 4Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Add lemon juice and rind.
- 6Let stand at room temperature until cool.
- 7Slowly pour syrup over crackers, letting it seep in some as you go along.
- 8Dot top with butter; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 9Cover with top crust; flute edges.
- 10Cut slits in top crust.
- 11Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ritz Mock Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.9
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 213.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 68.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of