Recipe by Kim D.
This was my grandmother's recipe. She used to make it for us when we were kids. When I make this pie, it always brings back happy memories of my grandmother. It's very sweet, so eat with caution!
Top Review by carolanne
LOL, this is the absolute worst disaster I have ever witnessed (hard as a rock). Why didn't you tell me that it has to sit with all that cool whip on top? My family LOVED it. A restauranteer tried to sell it in his very exclusive restaurant. Thank you.
- 3 egg whites, well beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 24 Ritz crackers, rolled fine
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar, adding 1 cup sugar as you beat the eggs.
- Fold in Ritz cracker crumbs, ¾ cup pecans and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.
- Mix together Cool Whip and brown sugar.
- Spread onto cooled pie.
- Sprinkle with ¼ cup chopped pecans.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Cut and serve.