1/1 Photo of Ritz Cracker Chicken Parmesan
TARGET® Recipes's Note:
Ritz cracker crusted chicken breast covered in tomato sauce and baked with mozzarella cheese topped with more buttery Ritz crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 34 Ritz crackers, broken into pieces (4 1/2 ounces or 1 sleeve)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 six-ounce chicken breasts, boneless skinless and pounded to 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 cups marinara sauce, bottled
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F and butter a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 2Combine the Ritz crackers, Parmesan and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the mixture forms fines crumbs, about 20 seconds.
- 3Place the flour in a large bowl for dipping. Beat the eggs with the milk in separate large bowl until frothy. Place half of the Ritz cracker and Parmesan mixture in a third bowl for dipping.
- 4Working with one breast at a time, roll in the flour making sure it is thoroughly coated. Dip in the egg and turn until coated. Transfer to the Ritz cracker crumb bowl and turn until the chicken is completely coated. Transfer to a plate or platter. (Can be done several hours in advance at this point. Keep refrigerated until ready to proceed).
- 5Melt the butter with the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Ritz cracker-coated chicken and cook until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 6Spread enough of the marinara sauce to thickly coat the bottom of the baking dish. Arrange the chicken on top of the sauce. Spoon the rest of the sauce over each breast and top with the mozzarella cheese and the remaining Ritz cracker and Parmesan mixture. Bake until bubbly and browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ritz Cracker Chicken Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 998.6
- Calories from Fat 500
- Total Fat 55.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 253.9 mg
- Sodium 1870.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 57.9 g