Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This tastes like "Sunday dinner" with very little effort, so you could serve this on a Wednesday!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups Velveeta cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups Ritz crackers, crumbs (reserve 1 cup for topping)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Pour into a 9x13-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle reserved crumbs over the top.
- Bake, uncovered for 1 hour.
A sensational chicken casserole. Another "to die for recipe" from Mark. My Velveeta was at rooom temperature and too soft to grate. I melted 12 oz of the cheese in the mushroom soup and added to the rest of the mixture to cool before adding the beaten eggs. After baking and letting the casserole sit for 10 minutes, it was a bit watery. Next time I would decrease the amount of chicken broth by 1/4 cup. This would be a perfect dish for a party buffet or a potluck supper.
Let me start by saying that I don't think that I will be making this again. That being said, the flavor was very good - the consistency was not. I think that there was too much chicken broth so the casserole couldn't really set properly. I actually cooked it for 1 hour and 10 minutes and then I let it sit for 10 minutes. It was still runny, which isn't my cup of tea.