Recipe by nascarmom
Came from the Southern Living Christmas Cookbook. This is loved by adults and children so you might want to make up a double batch. Lots of the recipes that I researched here used the saltine crackers. These use the round buttery Ritz crackers. Makes it even more decadent!
Top Review by JLR12
This is awesome! Very easy to make and very tasty! You do not need to break the crackers, just place them side by side on the pan - I usually use parchment paper in place of greasing the pan.
- 76 crackers, broken in half. (2 sleeves of a Ritz type cracker)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups millk chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Place crackers on a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined jellyroll pan.
- Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour over crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Turn off oven.
- Sprinkle crackers with chocolate morsels and let stand in oven for 3 minutes or until chocolate melts. Spread evenly over crackers.
- Top with pecans and white chocolate.
- Cool completely and break candy into pieces.
- Store in refrigerator.