Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from my friend Amanda, who loved to cook for us when we were roommates in college. This is another simple and delicious recipe- definitely a great comfort food!
- Boil whole chicken breasts (may be fresh or frozen) for about 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear when cut.
- Place in fridge to cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, mix soup and sour cream in large bowl.
- Pull chicken apart into bite-sized chunks and mix with soup mixture.
- Crush Ritz crackers in tube.
- Melt butter and mix in crushed crackers.
- Place chicken mixture into a casserole dish, top with Ritz mixture, and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
I use 16 ounces of sour cream and 1/4 cup chicken broth to loosen the mixture a little. It is so YUMMY! I have been making this for many years now. It is great served over rice.
This is my most favorite chicken casserole!!! Easy and extremely tasty!!!