Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from my friend Amanda, who loved to cook for us when we were roommates in college. This is another simple and delicious recipe- definitely a great comfort food!
- 3 -4 chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1/4 lb) package Ritz cracker
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- salt and pepper
- Mix sour cream and soup in a bowl, place inside the refrigerator.
- Boil chicken breasts until tender; drain and let stand 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Spread cubed chicken evenly over the bottom of a sprayed 9X13 casserole dish.
- Salt and pepper chicken to taste.
- Remove sour cream and soup mixture from refrigerator and spread over the chicken in the casserole dish.
- Crush Ritz crackers inside of its plastic sleeve and then spread evenly over the casserole.
- Spoon melted butter over the top of all.
- Bake at 350°F until golden brown and bubbling, approximately 20-30 minutes.
This was really good, thanks for sharing. So simple, too. My only change was the amount of crackers I used. When I counted out 25 crackers and saw that it was almost an entire sleeve of Ritz, I just used the whole thing. ;) Everything else was done to the letter. This goes good with a spinach salad.
Make this a lot mow! My family loves it! Reminds of the pot luck suppers we used to have at church or at family reunions. A classic!
I use 16 ounces of sour cream and 1/4 cup chicken broth to loosen the mixture a little. It is so YUMMY! I have been making this for many years now. It is great served over rice.