Recipe by SReiff
Taste just like the real deal and are super appealing to the eye! Even more important - appealing to the taste buds!! Easy little appetizer crackers. Took them to a picnic and they were a huge hit! Adapted from a recipe found on back of the Ritz cracker box.
- 1 cup canned Italian-style diced tomatoes, well drained or 1 cup chopped fresh plum tomato
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onions or 1⁄4 cup sweet onion
- minced garlic (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Italian dressing (reduced fat works well)
- fresh herb (chopped basil, oregano and chives, to taste and opt.)
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 36 Ritz crackers (can use reduced fat crackers)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix tomatoes, cheese, onions, garlic, herbs and dressing.
- Place crackers on baking sheet and spoon approximately 2 teaspoons of the tomato mixture onto each cracker; sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm from the oven.