Rita's Root Vegetable Latkes
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, celery root, parsnip, leek and beets. Reserve.
- In a food processor fitted with the steel S blade, pulse-process potatoes for 30 seconds. Add to shredded vegetables. Add eggs, matzoh meal, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat a heavy frying pan over medium-high heat until a bit of mixture sizzles when dropped inches.
- Form mixture into pancakes: use an ice-cream scoop, then flatten with spatula in pan. Let cook for 6-8 minutes or until golden on one side.
- Flip and cook 6-8 minutes more until golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.