Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an awesome recipe. I think it is better than most chinese restaurant lemon chicken. My BH requests this for his Birthday every year. Try it. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 3 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- Cut chicken in 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Combine cornstarch, salt and pepper.
- Mix in egg yolks and water.
- Dip chicken in mixture and fry until golden brown, drain on paper towels.
- Sauce: Combine all ingredients, cook until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add green onions and chicken.
- Serve with rice and a stir-fried vegetable.
My boys love lemon chicken so I thought I'd give it a try.....I came across this recipe and followed it exactly as said.....and amazing very simple to make and wonderful tasting & the boys enjoyed it...so I give it 5 stars. Thank U so much. I will always be making it from now on.