Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
A VERY YUMMY family favorite. Can be made vegetarian or not by changing some ingredients.
- 20 ounces veggie crumbles (can substitute ground beef)
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 3 ounces mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons mild salsa
- 2 1⁄2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Sauté meat and garlic in a large frying pan.
- Blend the mushrooms and stewed tomatoes and add to pan. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients, and simmer for 20 minutes covered.
- Cook the noodles and rinse in cold water to let cool.
- Layer beginning with sauce then noodles then cheese mixture Repeat until out of ingredients. Top with the parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
My family really enjoyed this lasagna! I made it as written, then added a little spinach, yellow bell pepper and yellow squash(I love veggies in my lasagna!). Nice, thick sauce. Loved it! Thank you!