Got this recipe from my sister, Rita. Used to LOVE going to her house and finding a plate of these jems.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat over to 350.
- 2Prepare a muffin pan by spraying the cups with cooking spray.
- 3In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon until well combined, set aside.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients (remaining 1 tsp cinnamon, flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt).
- 5In a large bowl, cream the shortening and the remaining 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat until well combined. Add milk and beat until well combined.
- 6Add dry ingredients to the shortening mixture and blend well.
- 7Divide the dough into the muffin cups (I use a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop to get them evenly filled).
- 8Bake the puffs for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned and they test done. Remove pan from oven and cool in pan 5 minutes.
- 9Place melted butter in a small bowl.
- 10Roll each puff first in the melted butter and then in the reserved sugar and cinnamon. Place on a serving plate and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rita's French Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (729 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.6
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.1 mg
- Sodium 204.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g