These are a tradition in my mother-in-law's family. I never liked dressing until I had these. They get a nice golden brown on the outside and taste great with gravy.
- Place bread in a large bowl and let sit overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sauté onions and celery in butter or margarine tender. Pour over bread and toss with hands to mix.
- Add chicken broth and mix with hands again. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add eggs and celery seed and mix thoroughly.
- Form into 2" balls and put in a baking dish.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
We loved these. They are going to definately be a part of our menu. Very simple to make, and goes a long way. They freeze really well.
Fantastic to dressing for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Our famil loves it.
I love stuffing and I will make these again. I added a little sage (that's probably what you don't like in dressing). I'll be making these form now on every time I cook a turkey breast. Thank you for sharing this recipe.