Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 min
Very good homemade chili!
- 2 lbs chuck steaks
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 purple onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 cup water
- First chop and brown the chuck steak and set aside.
- Second brown the sausage and set aside.
- Next, saute the onion and garlic with seasonings.
- Then add to the mixture the steak and sausage along with the tomatoes and simmer for 1 hour. Finally add in the drained beans and water and cook for 30 more minutes.
Super Fantastic!!!! This is an insanely chunky chili and I absolutely loved it, as did the DH and kiddos. I accidentally put 2 Tbsp of paprika, and the smokiness turned out great...instead of 1 cup of water I put in a can of beef broth. Thanks for a great recipe!