Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a savory, satisfying Pot Pie!! Fresh vegetables, a smooth rich wine sauce, and a crusty biscuit topping all combine to make this a dish that will find its way into your family favorites!
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (don't use cooking wine!)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped finely
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced (optional)
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (may used canned)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Bisquick or 2 cups other biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup water (about)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Melt 5 Tbs. butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add flour, and stir till well combined, over medium-high heat.
- Add broth, milk, wine and tarragon.
- Stir till smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Set aside to cool.
- Separately, microwave carrots, broccoli, and corn till crisp-tender (about 45 seconds each, on High).
- In a separate skillet, melt 2 tbs. butter.
- Add onion, and celery.
- Saute till crisp-tender.
- Remove from skillet, leaving drippings in pan.
- Place Mushrooms in same skillet.
- Saute till crisp-tender, about 1 minute.
- In bowl, mix together vegetables and chicken.
- Scatter meat/veggie mixture over the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Pour cooled sauce over top, spreading so that it covers everything.
- Place in 350 degree oven and cook till sauce bubbles. About 20 minutes.
- Topping: While casserole is cooking, Mix biscuit mix, water, garlic powder and parsley till well blended.
- (May need to use more or less water, depending on the gluten in your mix).
- On floured board, roll out dough about 1/2" thick, roughly the size of your casserole dish.
- When sauce bubbles, then remove casserole from oven, and lay the rolled biscuit mixture on top.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Return casserole to oven and cook an additional 12 to 15 minutes. (Till topping is golden brown.).