Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great recipe to have for company.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- salt and pepper
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- 6 tablespoons capers
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Season with salt/pepper.
- Dust chicken with flour.
- Saute chicken in oil until lightly browned (2-3 minutes).
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add garlic, saute 1 minute.
- Add water, base and wine, bring to a boil.
- Reduce to 1 1/2 cup.
- Stir in capers and lemon juice.
- Return to boil and add butter.
- Add chicken back to pan and warm through.
- Serve on top of linguine with lotsa sauce and salad.
Delicious chicken piccata!!! I made exactly as written except I left out the capers, per DS's request. Great lemon/buttery flavored sauce!!! I served it with recipe#345703, green beans and homemade french bread. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game.