1/1 Photo of Rissy's Beer Cheese Soup
This is a really good, full-flavored soup. It can be served thin as an early course, or served thick as part of an entree' or lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in dutch oven or soup pot.
- 2Add onion and saute' until clear.
- 3Add salt, pepper, and worchestershire.
- 4Add flour gradually constantly stirring.
- 5Add chicken broth. Whisk until smooth.
- 6Add milk and cheese.
- 7Stir continually until cheese is melted.
- 8Pour in beer. If not flat stir, stir, stir.
- 9Heat through.
- 10Serve piping hot.
- 11(Generally, the darker the beer, the more bitter the soup).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rissy's Beer Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.2
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 62.7 mg
- Sodium 1092.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 16.4 g