- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter, softened (16 tablespoons)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth and cream. Beat in the eggs until blended, then stir in vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients until blended. Mix in oats and chocolate chips. Drop heaping spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet or parchment paper to avoid sticking.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for approximately 5 minutes before moving to wire racks.