A healthful, light risotto.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, bring broth to boil and keep it at a bare simmer.
- 2In a kettle, cook zucchini and carrots in ½ cup of butter over moderate heat, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- 3Add rice and cook over moderately-high heat, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- 4Add 1 cup of stock and cook at a vigorous simmer, stirring, for 3-5 minutes, or until stock is absorbed.
- 5Add more stock, 1 cup at a time, stirring and simmering, until absorbed and rice begins to soften (about 6 cups of broth will have been absorbed).
- 6Add more stock, ½ cup at a time, in same manner, until rice is al dente.
- 7Stir in cream and remaining ¼ cup butter.
- 8Remove from heat and add Parmesan, parsley and basil and season to taste.
- 9Transfer to a heated serving bowl and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Risotto with Zucchini, Carrots and Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 777.8
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 94.1 mg
- Sodium 1688.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 22.0 g