Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Still another way to use the abundant zucchini from your garden! Recipe can be doubled.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
I love Risotto! I made half the recipe. This was delicious with the zucchini in it, I've never made it this way before. Made as posted using carnaroli rice. Heart-warming and very satisfying an a super cold winter day. Thanks for sharing Jackie. Made for Newest Zaar Tag (Winter).
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 3/8x1-inch sticks
- 3 cups chicken stock (approximately)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup arborio rice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (preferably imported)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 T. butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, and cook until beginning to soften, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl; reserve saucepan (do not clean).
- Bring 3 cups broth to simmer in small saucepan. Reduce heat to lwo and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 2 T. butter in reserved medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Add rice and stir until opaque, about 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup broth. Adjust heat so liquid simmers slowly and cook rice until broth is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Continue adding broth, 1/2 cup at a time, until rice is just tender and creamy, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini and stir until heated through. Mix in cheese.