Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great risotto when you have the time, it is not a lot of work but it can take awhile to cook."
- 5 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring the vegetable stock to a simmer.
- While the stock is heating, drain the sun-dried tomatoes and reserve the oil.
- Chop the tomatoes coarsely and set them aside.
- In a large frying pan, warm 2 tablespoons of oil from the tomatoes, add onion and saute until translucent; about 6 minutes.
- Add rice to the frying pan and stir until white spots appear in the center of the grains; about 1 minute.
- Spoon a ladleful of vegetable stock into the frying pan and cook the mixture on low until all the stock is absorbed; about 2 minutes.
- Continue adding the stock, a ladleful at a time until the rice is tender and the mixture is creamy, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of the remaining oil from the tomatoes, chopped basil, and salt and pepper.
- Mix well and serve.